I’m overwhelmed with all the product choices for my facial regime – can you help me? Absolutely. We encourage you to use our Ask Our Experts form for some recommendations – please include as much detail about your skin type and skin needs/wants as possible so we can personalize some suggestions for what you need. As well, you’re welcome to give us a call on the phone and we can chat about some ideas. Lastly, you can also email us or chat with us online. Whatever method you prefer, we’re more than happy to give you some product recommendations based on your needs, wants, and budget.
Are organic products as effective? Most people feel that quality organic products are more effective than mainstream products. Mainstream products are usually made with inexpensive, synthetic ingredients. Quality organic products are made with pure, natural ingredients and are therefore, excellent for both normal and sensitive skin types.
What’s the shelf life on most of your products? Most of the products we carry have a shelf life of between 12 – 24 months. Variables will include the type of product, what preservatives are used, whether the product is water-based or oil-based, and whether the product has been opened or not. Most of the products have expiry dates printed on them and/or a symbol stating the recommended life once the product has been opened.
Are your products fresh? Since we have a high product turnover, you can expect that our products are quite fresh. We’re very particular about not ordering too much at once in order to keep our products from the freshest and latest batches. We also don’t carry such a huge selection that products sit on shelves for a long time – our stuff goes quickly!
Doesn’t the government legislate the safely of our products? Some governments in other places around the world have taken strong steps in the right direction; Europe and Australia are much more ahead of the times than we are in North America. Many of the large mainstream cosmetics companies reformulate their products being exported to Europe because they have to comply to their strict(er) ingredient standards….of course, they’ll keep all the toxins in the products that stay here in North America since our governments will allow just about anything to pass. There is currently a coalition of various groups trying to get companies to sign The Compact for Safe Cosmetics; so far there are over 300 companies who have signed (none of which are large mainstream companies) - we encourage you to visit the website: www.safecosmetics.org.
I like the idea of using toxin-free products, but I have so many other products already. What do I do with all my old products? That's a personal decision. You may want to start living healthy now and just throw them all out (chances are many of them are old and rarely used anyway), or you may want to use up your old products first and then start buying quality products. We’re pretty sure that once you start to really look at what’s in them and learn a bit more about their dangers, that you’ll be rather disgusted with them and want to throw them out and start fresh. It all depends on your comfort level using the products you already have. Also – we highly recommend buying fewer products and focusing on better quality.
- Can I buy products off you at wholesale? We are a retail store, not a wholesaler.
- Where can I get a discount code? We keep our prices very low and very competitive so that means we don't have regular sales - we do however offer specials and discounts once in a while either from our monthly newsletter, or on Facebook/Twitter.
- I am blogger - can you send me stuff so I can review it? Please send us an email with your blog and details of what you're looking to review. We can not fulfill all the requests we get, but will certainly take a look and decide on a case by case basis.
- I'd like you to carry my brand/products! Please send us an email with your website, pricing, and any pdfs/brochures/print media. If we are interested, we will contact you for samples.
- Do you ship internationally? Please visit our Shipping Page for complete details on all shipping locations.
Additional product inquires or general questions? Feel free to contact us and we will do our very best to get back to you as quickly as possible.